Apr 13, 2010

Meet cathrineholm, my new flame

I found this spunky little enamelware bowl, with the lotus design (holding my seed packets), for a mere dollar at the thrift store. I loved it instantly ... the design, color, size, material - everything about it! Shortly after making it mine I happened upon this post and was introduced to Cathrineholm...  Cathrinewho??! That was my reaction, and I had to learn more. Oh dear, I had no idea what it was and where it would lead, this sweet little bowl o' mine. It unites and affirms my love for both midcentury modern and European design. 

Tandem Antiques and Design has a funny and informative post on the history of Cathrineholm pieces. I love the reference to Cathrineholm being the gateway drug for many enamelware collectors. Yep, I won't deny it, I'm totally hooked and can't wait for the rush of finding my next piece!


The framed stained glass art idea came from here - Delaney LOVED this project, very preschool friendly, and so pretty to display!













6 comments:

  1. Looks great!So bright and cheery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes! So bright and cheery! And I may be partial to your Catherineholm piece! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful little bowl, will def keep a look out for that pattern! I love Delaney's artwork, and I remember when you picked up that cute little bottle...makes me miss you and that wonderful home of yours. -Holly

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Catherineholm is pretty cute, too ;) Enjoy the hunt!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your little bowl! I just bought my first piece of Catherine Holm!

    ReplyDelete